The Fortnite v20.20 Update is finally here and it has added a lot of new content to our favorite battle royale game. To know more about the Fortnite V20.20 Update in detail, read the article down below!
About the Brand New Fortnite v20.20 Update
As you all know, Fortnite is currently on Chapter 3 Season 2. The game has come a long way from its early days. The Chapter 3 Season 2 update of the game was something phenomenal, as it introduce a bold way to play the game. Yes, we are talking about the Zero Build game mode and the huge success that has made it a permanent game mode.
But that happened earlier this season while the Fortnite v20.20 Update has brought a few made a few more additions to the game. We will list all these new things included in this update down below;
Focus on Coney Crossroads
The Ongoing Battle for Condo Canyon has finally ended with this update, while a new one has begun. The new contest revolves around the Coney Crossroads area. The story includes the Resistance to revolved around this POI, and thus the developers have added Funding Stations for the Armored Battle Bus, along with a few Turrets.
Two new items for testing were added to the game, namely Boogie Bomb and Rift-To-Go. These items will be available for testing from 22nd to 25th April 2022. The Rift-To-Go, when used, will create an emergency rift, while the Boogie Bomb will trap other players into a dance frenzy. This testing period will decide the fate of the new utilities and players will be able to vote for their favorite item through the Funding Stations.
Along with all these new things being introduced with the Fortnite v20.20 Update, there’s another cool highlight worthy-addition that has made the cut. A new weapon has been added to Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 and here are its details. The new weapon is known as the ‘Ranger Shotgun’. It is a new variant of the popular weapon type that has attracted a lot of attention. The Ranger Shotgun is perfect for close-range and even mid-range combats during battle. The Ranger Shotgun is a single-barrelled, meaning it is single-shot action each reloads. This might not be very convenient for a shotgun, especially for a close-range battle. However, each shot of the Ranger Shotgun packs a massive punch.
Players across the board are using the Ranger Shotgun a Deagle of some sort, to knock down enemies standing mid and even long-range.
Covert Ops Quest Fortnite v20.20 Update
The Covert Ops quest in the game is another key addition that came with the Fortnite v20.20 Update. The timing/schedule for this event are given below;
- The first stage commences on 22nd April at 09:00 AM [ET] and ends on 26th April at 08:59 AM [ET]
- The second stage commences on 26th April at 09:00 AM [ET] and ends on 28th April at 08:59 AM [ET]
- The third stage commences on 28th April at 09:00 AM [ET] and ends on 30th April at 08:59 AM [ET]
- The last stage commences on 30th April at 09:00 AM [ET] and ends on 2nd May at 08:59 AM [ET]
Fortnite v20.20 Update Competitive Changes
- The Ranger Shotgun will not be included in the competitive mode, but this may change in future
- Rift-To-Go & Boogie Bomb will not be available in the competitive mode for now
- Coney Crossroads conflict is not available in competitive mode, however, Huntmaster Saber has been relocated
Other Fortnite v20.20 Update with the Bug fixes
- The bug where the controller continuously vibrates even after exiting the Motorboat during mid-boost has been fixed
- The glitch that didn’t allow to slide when toggle sprint was turned ‘off’, has been fixed
ALSO READ | All Omni Chips in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 Locations [Guide]
With this, we can now conclude the changes and additions made to the game with the Fortnite v20.20 Update. For more Gaming, Anime, and hardware content follow us at redjacket.gg.